Midwifery services with BirthSpirit cost about one-quarter to one-third the amount you or your insurance company would pay for mainstream medical prenatal care and hospital birth.
The full fee for uncomplicated homebirth Midwifery Service is $5000. This amount covers:
- A full schedule of prenatal visits in our office – as many as you need
- Attendance by a primary midwife and an assistant at your labor & delivery
- Use of the labor tub, if you desire
- At least 2 postpartum home visits (more if necessary)
- A 6-week postpartum office visit
- Use of the lending library
- Unlimited phone availability
The fee may be paid in lump sums of any amount arranged in the payment plan. We ask that the fee be paid in full by 37 weeks of pregnancy, if at all possible.
If you have insurance with maternity benefits, our service may be covered at out-of-network rates. The first step in determining your coverage is to have your benefits verified by our billing service. I will provide you with a form to complete with your insurance information. These experts will verify your benefits to determine your out-of-plan benefits and co-insurance percentages. We ask that you pay a deposit by 37 weeks of pregnancy. This amount will be determined after we verify your benefits and should reflect:
- your anticipated out-of-plan deductible
- anticipated co-insurance amounts (based on the co-insurance percentage that your plans pays after the deductible is satisfied)
Whether insured or uninsured, those who qualify under my “financial hardship” process– as determined by a document I can supply you with – may be eligible for a reduced fee. For those who are insured, this may provide a reduction in the amount of the deductibles and co-payments they are responsible for; for those paying out-of-pocket, it could provide a reduced total payment. In either case, the minimum fee is $2500.
This lesser amount still covers the full service, as outlined above. Please rest assured that, regardless of the fee amount you qualify for, the care a client will receive is the same. Paying less does not mean you get less service.
Clients frequently access Health Savings Accounts or other tax-deferred medical accounts to pay for midwifery services.
For more details, contact me personally: 414-313-1464